Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Much ado about Nothing


I had to work the dinner shift last night, oddly enough it seemed like a typical night, somewhat busy, people being very particular about certain food, gorging on the abnormal concoctions of meal add-ons, when all of a sudden a headache approached out of nowhere. I thought ok no big deal just keep working, drink some water and it will go away. No such luck. It kept getting worse. Then on top of that I felt very weak and queasy.  My first thought was “oh no migraine” so I had to leave work early during the dinner rush (not good=very busy time) then my manager said that if I was sick I shouldn’t work the lunch shift for the next day. So I had today off. This could either be a good thing or a bad thing. Regardless, I’m not too frazzled about it. After a night of rest and some leftover pho, I do feel way better.

 I did get some review in today as well as some grocery shopping time in. Currently Jeff is slaving away in the kitchen working on an amazing chicken dish. 

 
Oh yeah baby :)

After a few hours of reviewing the Inman study guide on food science it was decided to make a few stops to a few of our favorite places. For the record, yes Jeff and I are food dorks. And we are not ashamed. Our first mission was going to our local European market. Many wonderful Russian, Greek, Hungarian, Bulgarian delicacies. I picked up some Hungarian smoked sausage and a milk chocolate ladybug. Mmmm sausage good, I’ll try the ladybug after dinner tonight.

Next stop was somewhat unexpected. Jeff and I have been talking about getting a cat or dog or perhaps even both when the time is right. So we stopped by the Wake County Animal Shelter to do some looking for a potential best friend. Jeff has his eye on a hound dog for some time now. He has now been adopted. Good and sad at the same time. He would have been such a good dog. We picked up a few kittys too. Oh they were so cute :) 

Aldi, also known as the best grocery store ever, was our next stop for some wine to stock up on. I mean at $4.99 a bottle where can we go wrong? This was truly one of those excursions where we went to pick up one or two things and we leave with 10 items. Guilty. I’m thinking about making some homemade peanut butter cups with the help of a recipe from Mama Pea herself. 


 Our wine rack looks so complete!

Final stop was Big Lots in search of some butchers twine.  I don’t know what it is about this store but I never leave disappointed. I found Bob’s Red Mill products for a very good price!! Unfortunately there wasn’t anything I really needed but none the less I was very pleased to see these products at Big Lots. I was tempted to pick up some granola but I’ve come to the conclusion lately that it’s easier to make granola at home. But who knows, I could change my mind come tomorrow, perhaps.


Take care everyone. Jeff and I are taking prayer/belief requests for the time being before and day of exam.

“Eye of the Tiger”-Survivor

2 comments:

  1. May I recommend Do Not Look Down by Meshuggah? www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUuXiAsV7BQ

    ReplyDelete