Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two hops and two vines

This morning I woke to my roommate, Ashley informing me of her tough night in the ER. In doing so she requested a nice tempranillo for when she gets home tonight. So I needed to get wine and a few groceries.
I think it will be a walking day.


Yep, walkin in my flip flops.

 My eco-bag.

First thing, Hops n' Vine.


I had no idea it had homebrewing supplies!!! The selection of wine was very decent, not too over the top plus they had a nice variety of craft beers.


I picked up two bottles for Ashley.  The tempranillo she wanted plus a shiraz from South Australia.

As I was walking to Ingles I got distracted. 


Oh hello homemade ice cream.


Oh you have vegan and sugar free flavors?

Plus an ice cream mosaic?


 I think this is a sign that I should stop on in and get some ice cream. A kiddie scoop should be good.



I love their window art!!!


The selections were very creative.

Craggie Antebellum Ale


Spinach Raspberry Swirl


Salted Caramel. I've had this one before and yes it is really, really good. I think my taste buds gravitate towards those salt and sugary combinations :)


I tried a sample of the Lavendar Vanilla with Almond milk. The best way to describe it, you know when you take a taste of something and as soon as you try to savor the flavor, it disappears? I mean disappears before you can identify the flavor? I mean I tasted a touch of lavendar and the rest was very light. Perhaps it's just my preferences, but I don't think this vegan ice cream was my favorite :-/

So I picked the Grasshopper.


Very light mint and with a few oreos.


After I was done devouring my ice cream, I had to run to Ingles. I found a recipe called Beans with Mushrooms, in one of my vegetarian cookbooks. So I needed some mushrooms. Lots of mushrooms.


Here are my purchases, eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, THREE containers of mushrooms, shallots, canola oil and lettuce.


Here's a closer look at the wine I picked up :) The Strong Arms Shiraz has been a favorite of mine for many years. It has that usual Shiraz taste of pepper but then it has a nice medium fruity blend. Ughh I love it and hopefully Ashley will too!!!

"Send me on my Way"-Rusted Root

No comments:

Post a Comment