Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How I'm spending my first days in Asheville

Yesterday was a day I was on a mission.

But first I need some Zen tea.


and a random breakfast of Mac n' cheese, watermelon and scrambled eggs.

And computer time. Then I was off to browse J. Crew and then to World Market to pick up a compost bin!



This is the dress I tried on at J. Crew. Of course I won't show you the whole dress but I really liked the neckline and the fabric. The shoes were pretty cool too!!! I don't know if this dress is the one but if I get one like this I think I would really have to accessorize, accessorize, accessorize!!! The next time I go Wedding dress hunting I will need a team of professionals!!! AKA my friends with awesome style!!

After J. Crew I needed a guilty pleasure....


Yep, I wanted some fried rice goodness.



I ordered some steamed vegetable dumplings as an appetizer.


I had no idea i was that hungry :-/

But ohhh the fried rice was soo good!!!


 I don't know what it is but I have to be in the right mood for some beef fried rice. It's something about that seasome oil with bits of egg and shredded carrots, that just leaves me feeling happy :)

I also read up on some other material...


 I got this at the J. Crew store and I was a little disappointed that there weren't that many wedding dresses to look at :( Ehh but whatever I'll be looking at so many dresses in the near future that I'll be sick of them!


 And I can't forget my best purchase ever....


It's so compact, perfect if you live in an apartment complex!! We keep this right by the sink.



 It even has an odor blocker!!! Which we have to replace every few weeks or so.

Reasons why composting is awesome:
1) It helps reduce the amount of landfill
2) Helps to enrich soil
3) Helps clean contaminated soils
4) Can reduce the need for water, fertilizers and pesticides

Yes, I like being environmentally friendly. I used to just throw my food outside or use the garbage disposal. The price for this was just $14.99!! I think it's a great investment!!

"Little Boxes"-Malvina Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment