Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cha-Cha-Changes

Even though it's Monday and the storm has passed, I'm still pretty exhausted from moving. Last week, Monday and Tuesday, I moved boxes of stuff from my old apartment in Cullowhee to the new place in Asheville :) I then had to work Thursday and Friday. But along with trying to get my stuff moved, I had to help Jeff as well. His lease ended the same time as mine did.

Yesterday, Jeff and his friend Glennie stayed the day at our new place. We didn't have internet yet so we did this odd thing that many people don't do anymore, we talked! But then we went to dinner.

I wish I could have taken some pictures :( of our dinner date. But when we moved into the new place Ashley and I were given a brochure of all the best places to eat in Asheville. Our goal is to try a new restaurant a week! I hope this can be possible!

Last night we ate at Fiores Ristorante Toscana. The menu is Tuscan inspired and ohhh the food is delicious. For appetizers, Ashley and I got  stuffed figs with herbed goat cheese, wrapped in prosciutto with balsamic reduction. We only had two a plate but ohhh it was served on a bed of arugula and it's probably the best thing I have ever tried :) Glennie had the calamari and Jeff had the mussels. We were in heaven.

For our entrees, Ashley and I got the same thing again. Great minds must really do think alike! We got the grilled Tuna Carpaccio. Picture this, a bed of lettuce, capers, basil, marinated artichoke heart, with thinly sliced ahi tuna and drizzled with chianti reduction. Yeah, you best be jealous. 

I think I have now realized it isn't fun to review food without photos :( 

This morning, Jeff and Glennie left to head for Raliegh. Glennie is moving to Vermont and Jeff is dropping him off at the airport. Jeff will then be settling into this new home in Durham. To be truthful, right now I'm fine. I think that last night as we were getting ready to head to bed it all started to hit me. Tears were shed, promises were made and words of encouragement came out heartfelt. I will miss Jeff but I think we will be make it through this. I have so much faith in Jeff. I don't know if he knows that but I really do. This separation will make the both of us stronger in the end.

Alright, enough with the sappy stuff, onto other thoughts.

I have recently decided that I can't do the half marathons I thought about for the fall. But no need to the sad music, last night I joined Asheville's Track Club! So instead of driving all the way to Virginia Beach, come Labor day weekend, we might do a race closer to home. I think I should do some more 5Ks and perhaps 8Ks before I do a big ole half marathon.

I've been making a list of all the stuff I either need for my room. So far it looks like this:
-Coat hangers
-Storage shelves
-Desk
-Bookshelf (if it will fit)

I also just got a call today from my Internship Director. To make a long story short, I might be able to complete my research during the spring semester! If I get my IRB approval accepted, I could get my MHS this May!!

This all does sound like good news but lets not forget, I will be interning at 40 hours a week for no pay. But then again all my rotation sites are in Asheville. This means I don't have to worry about my commute. Which trust me in the area we live in many students and even professors have to travel at least 45 minutes to get to the University. A few of my friends who have completed the internship, will reminisce about having homes in Cullowhee and have to drive to Hendersonville or Asheville for some of their rotation sites. Ugh, it sounds soul draining.

I wish I could also get a move-on with wedding planning. We haven't set a date yet but I'm itching to sink my teeth into all the niddy griddy. By that I mean, find a dress, book a venue, make decorations, book entertainment, get food and drinks sorted out, and just go creative!!! My plan for tomorrow is to print off ideas and get a look book set up.

I also need to get crackin on registering for the ADA Conference in San Diego. I haven't got a flight yet but I want to see if I can find a website with student rates. The list for the conference looks like this:
-Plane ticket
-ADA registration
-ADA student membership

Ah and this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment