Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Will you be my.....

Being an only child, I grew up learning how to keep myself entertained and how talk to adults but, I also learned the value of friendship. So when it came time to pick my bridesmaids, I knew I had to do it in a special way. My friends have meant so much to me in my college career. They were the people I drank with, laughed with, cried with and to this day confide in. So to let them know that they will be celebrating this special occasion with my honey and me, I made these...


I had seen cards like this on greetingcards.com. But to my surprise I found free templates at www.weddingchicks.com!!! I could pick any colors I wanted. It was so simple, just print, cut out, and paste on some cardstock all was good to go.

Here is the step-by-step process:

 Materials needed:
-Your printed template (I'm having 5 bridesmaids so I printed off 5 copies)
-Cardstock (again I used 5 of these)
-Glue
-Scissors
-Envelopes that fit the template

Step 1
Have your materials at hand.

Step 2:
Place the envelope over the template.

 Step 3:
Make some marks above the envelope. This will show where to cut the paper.

Cut the template.

Step 4:
Do the same step described above except do this for the cardstock. Once you have the marks in the right place, do the same up above. This will help to create the fold, so it will look like a genuine card.

Cut of course.

Step 5:
Glue the template to the cardstock.

 and with that..


You've got yourself a card!!!

The finished product :)

I just finished handing these out!! My bridesmaids, or action league as I like to call them, loved these!! I can't wait to DIY (oh lord it's starting!) more wedding stuff!!!

"In Bloom"-Nirvana

No comments:

Post a Comment