Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm Engaged!!

Last Monday night, July 18th 2011, around midnight. The greatest thing happened!

It was a typical day, I had just finished a double shift at work and was looking forward to my day off. Jeff and I had gotten tickets to see a Perfect Circle, so for Tuesday we were going not only to Charlotte (where the concert was to be held) but also to Durham so Jeff could look into a room for rent for next year. 

I had gotten off at work at a decent hour and Jeff met me at work. We hung out for a little while and then as we were getting ready to leave Jeff said to meet him at the old courthouse (which is now the town's library) in Sylva. I got there before he did, but when he showed up he started lighting tea candles on the steps of the courthouse.

When we got to the top of the steps, he mentioned that he had tried to do this three times already but was waiting for the right moment. He then said how much I meant to him and how he wanted us to spend the rest of our lives together. He then got down on one knee and said "marry me." With tears in my eyes I said, "yes, yes, I will marry you!" I noticed that Jeff had a tear in his eye too.

We hugged each other after the proposal and then Jeff said, "oh wait here's the best part" and he pulled out of his pocket his Mother's ring!  It was so beautiful and it fit perfectly!!

Here's a quick recap of the night:





I wouldn't have changed that moment for the world.

Oh and here's the ring:

Since it was so late we waited until the next day to call family and friends. But after we left the Courthouse, we stopped by Ingles to grab some...
 Champagne and pizza
and also..
A wedding magazine for some inspiration :)

I want to start documenting the planning process if I can. The next  year is going to be crazy and I have now just learned, when you get engaged the next question you are asked is, "when is the date?" This I don't know yet but we will figure something out :) 

"Stellar"-Incubus

No comments:

Post a Comment