Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In a New York State of Mind

First trip to New York went better than I would have thought. Just take a look...
We got up really early in the morning on Sunday, took the train from Connecticut, 
and arrived at 9 in Grand Central Station. 
I couldnt get over how big it was!
If you look up at the ceiling, you see constellations. 
Taurus is right there! 
Had to get a picture for my EMS buddies :)
First thing to see when we got off the train. 
NYC Public Library
I forget if that's patience or fortitude. 
The ball for New Years!
Times Square
Not half bad
Ahhh a Hard Rock Cafe
I'll go grab a souvenir
Real Chinese Turkey!!
Time for a little lunch in China Town
Start off with a pot of tea
and some amazing appetizers 
Spinach filled dumplings
Juicy pork Dumplings
Jeff attempting to eat the pork dumplings
I think we each got two appetizers 
Which really hit the spot 
After some dim sum in China Town we went over to the next neighborhood
to the Doughnut Plant.
Apparently it's very well respected
And look they have food morals too!!
The cake doughnuts
The doughnut tiles 
Oooh and ahhh
I tried one of their creme brulee doughnuts
It had creme brulee filling on the inside
Jeff got the rose water doughnut
I also got a Tres Leches cake doughnut
I'm kinda taken aback
I forget the name of this one that Jeff got but 
ohh it was chocolate dynamite!!!!
Bag of goodies
The ideas were so creative.
I think they had a mango flavored and also a 
cashew flavored one as well. 
With full bellies, we headed back to Times Square to see a little show
by our friends Matt and Trey
The stage
Us with the playbill
By the way the show was amazing!! If you get the 
chance to see it I would highly recommend it!!
I see the music hall!!
Before we grab dinner, I wanted to see a very special land mark in Central Park. 
Found it!!
I wish I could have brought a rose or some trinket. 
See where someone put their guitar pick??
After Central Park we needed some New York style pizza. 
Jeff got cheese and added some pepper flakes 
Mine with tomato
This is how you eat a NY style pizza
Like so...
We still had time to kill before the train took off. 
McSorley's Ale House
We had a few of these
Very small but it has much history. 

To be continued!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the ambulance pic! I really could go for a good slice of NYC pizza! And yes, that is a good demonstration of the proper eating procedure.

    ReplyDelete