Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

New York State of Mind Part 2

And the next day...
we decided not to plan as much.

St. Patrick's Catholic Church
I had to do it for Grandma
Light a candle for special prayers and intentions 
Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton
The first US saint to be canonized by Catholic Church 
The Papal symbol
Beautiful stained glass, ornamented the church
I did however want to stop by MOMA
It was quite crowded but luckily we still have our student
IDs so we got in at half the cost :)
I felt weird taking pictures of some of the paintings. 
But as long as no flash photography was used then we were good. 
Monet's Water lilies
It's so weird seeing it in person. 
To be truthful I don't know if I really liked it that much.
I was very happy to see one of Frida Kahlo's paintings.
He looks so pensive
Hmm now this is something. 
For the record I feel that I need to 
carry more pen and paper
with me. This way when I see things like this
I can report the artist and the name of the work. 
This is one of the special exhibits. 
Some architecture
Above is the model and this is the 
actual rendering. 
Or perhaps I can just take pictures of the artists names.
Oh yeah and I got to go in here too!
But I couldn't buy anything :(
Maybe next time. 
For lunch we went back to China Town for some pho. 
Start off with some tea
Jeff got meaty pho
I got tofu pho
Pho good
Pho good on a rainy day
Before we left we had to stop by Little Italy
Oh boy Oh boy...pastries, pastries,
where? where? where?
Ahhh haaa here they are!!
Trust me it was difficult to choose
But eventually we decided on a few favorites
I miss New York for this reason alone
Well New York, I hope to see you again. You weren't as
bad as I had feared. Hopefully we can see many more things.
I'm hoping winter time, Christmas would be something to experience.
Skating near Rockefeller Center, perhaps??
"Across 110th Street"-Bobby Womack

No comments:

Post a Comment