Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I 'heart' Sfogliatelle

I apologize for my hiatus these past few days. I've been busy enjoying the sun and time with Jeff. It's hard to believe that in a few months I won't be seeing him everyday. We have our internships to think about. He will be in Durham and I will be in Asheville, so we will be about 5 hours away from each other for 9 months. But ok, this really could be worse. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I mean we could be in different countries or across-the US. In which case that would be difficult. But I know us, we have been through some difficulties and I think we can do this :)

Anyway, back to our trip to CT.

For those of you who have never been to a real Italian bakery, especially one up north, you are soo missing out. Add this simple to-do to your bucket list :)

We were in New Haven, debating about ordering a pizza to-go when suddenly, Jeff had the idea to head over to the near by bakery.
One of the cool things about this place, is that it's on the same 
street as Pepe's Pizzara and Sally's pizzara. 
Just let your mouth water. 
Real cannolis
Mine, all mine!!!!
They look like this and have a creamy yet doughy, orange-like filling
I was soo happy :))))
Jeff's pastry. 
Brandy-stone fruited center. 
I think he likes it. 
Yep, definite facebook 'like'!!!
A funny story about this place.
So when we first got to this neighborhood, there was 
only one guy waiting for the place to open. 
He was sitting in a fold-out chair. We had 15 minutes until the place opened.
So we went to get pastries. 
When we got back, the line looked a little something like this: 
Ughhhh!!! When the place finally opened, it filled up really quick. 
We could have waited the hour and a half to get in but opted for something closer 
to Jeff's parent's house. 
"That's Amore"-Dean Martin (I know cheesy but give me a break, 
I was in an Italian neighborhood)

No comments:

Post a Comment