Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

The Irritable Servant



Did I ever mention that when the servant becomes hungry she gets very, very irritable? Well it’s true, today was one of those days where I woke up, did some chores with some 2 plus cups of coffee and just now it being 2:45 pm, just sat down for some leftovers. I don’t know what it is but whenever I have much to do with only caffeine coursing in my veins, every bad thought seems to resurface. Bad moments from college, negative people, bad drivers, name it and I’ll probably being thinking it. Only making my low blood sugar worse. Poor Jeff has to deal with me during these episodes. I promise his life has been spared, for the meantime. But seriously, the drivers in downtown Raleigh and heck even in our apartment complex kill me. Where in the hell do you get off driving in the wrong lane of traffic and then look at other drivers as though they are in the wrong? Son of a b***h.

Sorry for the negativity but heck, it’s just been one of those days. I have a glass of wine now, I’ll be fine.

I do have some good news. I got a job. I real job with benefits and a salary. Hurray!!! It’s true when they say that playing the game of job hunting is a grueling journey which requires much patience. I will be working with the sales team with a wine distributing company in Raleigh. I am familiar with this company from Asheville, back when I worked waiting tables in the mountains. It’s not an RD job but still it wouldn’t hurt for them to have one on staff.

I should be starting sometime on Tuesday. Let’s hope this all goes well. For once it will be a real job. A part of me will miss working in the restaurant business. Sure the hours and time on our feet are one of the grueling parts but usually the times I treasured were spent with staff after hours at late night establishments.  Those are where all the memories and conversations hold dear to my heart. It also doesn’t hurt that I learned a bit about the field of culinary as well as the soul draining acts of customer service.  For any high school or college aged student I would highly recommend working as a server, hostess, bartender or cook at some point in your life. If anything you learn a lot about people as well as tricks to make them happy. Which is usually a discount.

I really should be talking about food at this point in time yet I have no recent pictures this week. But I do need to boast about last night’s dinner prepared by Jeff. We have been bad about consuming numerous meat products so therefore, a vegetarian dish was created. Picture this, a portabella mushroom stuffed with diced red pepper, onions, quinoa and tofu. Not bad babe, not bad.

My Dad comes in tomorrow for a visit. Do I want to cook for tomorrow? Perhaps I’ll let P.Diddy decide on that one. Knowing him grilling will be the better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment