Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Just a Little More Time


By that I mean studying. There is a part of me that wants to hurry up and get my credits to be an RD but I want to pass. The end of October looks good. I’ll keep hold of the Inman study guide and I might even write a few blogs regarding nutrition information of sorts. If anything I’m tired of test anxiety getting in the way.  But I am pleased to say that Jeff did pass his exam yesterday!!!! I’m so proud!!!

In other news, Jeff picked up this little ditty at the library the other day. 


 For those who are not familiar with this, Tupelo Honey CafĂ© is one of those wonderful little finds in the mountains of Asheville. On the weekends the place is packed for brunch. One of my favorite memories when Jeff and I were first dating, we made a trip to Asheville from Sylva on a wintery day in January.  We had planned to leave early that evening but an unexpected snow storm prohibited us from leaving. So we got a room in a newly built hostel in downtown Asheville, had dinner and drinks at the Lexington Avenue Brewing Company (aka the LAB) and the next morning as the snow had become more manageable, Jeff and I walked over to Tupelo Honey where we consumed a brunch feast of freshly brewed coffee, homemade grits, roasted vegetables, locally made sausage and biscuits with honey. Confession this was over 2 years ago but oddly enough I remember thinking how lucky we were to be able to get in for brunch without having to wait in line! 


 My next project will be to create Tupelo Honey’s signature Sweet Potato Pancakes.  Some time ago, before I even moved to the mountains, Rachel Ray had featured this on $40 a day and I mean why not feature this wonderful idea? I mean it’s a pancake, with sweet potato, which means it’s packed with vitamin A and a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

“Howlin’ for You” –Black Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment