Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Taste the Rainbow

At Ingles I noticed the most wonderful, spectacular, cost effective thing, ever.

Everybody wins!!!

So not only is this a create your own 6-pack but look at the price ($8.88). I can afford that!!!! 

Here is what I got.

I love the holder for it!!

Here's a better look at the goods.


 
For those of you who know me, not only do I love the fine craft of beer but I love brewing as well!!!

To give a closer insight into my selection, we have....

Lucy from Star Hill. This is the brewery's summer ale. According to the people at Star Hill, it possesses a hint of ginger, lime and coriander. I tried it last night and it would have been perfect for beach surroundings.

Next we have Sapporo.

Sapporo has a soft spot in my heart because we used to sell it at Spring Street. Anyway getting to the good stuff, Sapporo is the oldest beer brand of beer in Japan, like 1876 old. It has a light yet crisp taste. The bitterness is very minimal. I'm drinking it right now actually :))))

We also have, Blowing Rock's High Country Ale.


From the land of Boone we have beer. The High Country Ale is " fermented with a proprietary ale yeast strain that provides a distinct fruity-ester aroma and flavor;" (Boone Brewing Company, 2011). One day Jeff and I will own a brewery and in doing so we will beat App somehow. 

And we have the 1554 from the New Belgium Brewing Co.

 It has such a dark, toasty flavor. Chocolate lovers will love this. The enlightened black ale which is 1554, is created using a "lager yeast strain and dark chocolaty malts to redefine what dark beers should be" (New Belgium Brewing Co).

For our 5th beer this evening, we have the Pyramid Apricot Ale.  


Ahh a savory apricot ale. Perfect for the summer.Haven't tried it yet but comment soon to follow.

Last but not least we have the Stella Artois.

The Stella Artois is in my opinion, the kind of beer a classy lady orders at the bar when she's sick of wine. I'm highly sure of this.

Well, I'm going to meet up with my man tonight and taste a few more of these. Yeahhhh :)))))

"In Heaven There is NO Beer"-Dr. Demonto

No comments:

Post a Comment