Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter.

The Mad Batter, has been in operation since 1998. Serving the students and professors of Cullowhee, the finest food within the university of WCU. For me it has many fond memories. Meeting friends in between classes for lunch, grabbing a quick sandwich or cup of coffee, and even making new friends and acquaintances with the regular customers. The smell of flour and the sound of reggae music are enough to lure in any customer and keep them coming back for more.

Most of the food served is vegetarian based, with the occasional option to add bacon to any dish, if requested. The foods provided are local and/or of the organic variety. The specials, like the art work adorned within the business, are one of a kind, made with care and creativity.

Even when I was in high school, touring the university with my mom, our guide mentioned all that Mad Batter had to offer. My first thought, "I'm going to be spending much time in there" :)

So today, with my fridge and breakfast options looking low, I decided to grab some grub from one of my faithful places.




 See I told you the art work is awesome!! I mean check out this specials board!!


Oh yeah and did I mention that my buddy Austen, does window art around town? Well this is a preview of some of his stuff!!




They have pastries too!!!

I had mentioned that you make friends when you eat regularly at the Mad Batter. Here is proof. This is Adam, he is a nature and real food lover at heart! Our local town botanist, he and I have shared many conversations involving politics, food, music, and environmental topics over the past....I think like 4 years??? If you ever want to meet him for information on plants and gardening, come to the Mad Batter, or as he refers to it, his "office."



For breakfast this morning I got a homemade herb bagel, with scrambled eggs, cheese and spinach. It was somewhat cheeser than usual but all and all, delicious :)


For coffee, I had some skim milk with coffee chips. I look at this and yes I can probably make it at home, but I had to get the idea from somewhere :-P

Speaking of coffee....





They have many choices. Plus, Austen did the graphics for all these coffee urns!!


I just had to do an ode to this place. It's been part of my college career for quite sometime. Now I think I will tackle the other businesses on the same strip sometime soon!!!

"Stir it Up"-Bob Marley and the Wailers

No comments:

Post a Comment