Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Once you go classy, you stay classy

So this is the weekend before finals. This brings a multitude of feelings, such as, stress, panic and the urge to just not give a damn anymore!!!! So last night a few of my neighbors and I went to, which I think, had to have been one of the funnest parties Cullowhee has seen in years!! It was a lot of fun but it did make me remember why I drink microbrews and not the cheap stuff. I'm really feeling it :(

Other than that here is a little something I made yesterday which has now become my hangover breakfast.

Recipe for Homemade Granola via the Amateur Gourmet:
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly pour vegetable oil (in my case canola oil) onto the baking sheet.
In a large bowl, toss the oats with the cinnamon and salt.
In a medium bowl, stir together the oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until completely combined.
Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture and use your hands to combine them: Gather up some of the mixture in each hand and make a fist. Repeat until all of the oats are coated with the honey mixture.
Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread it out evenly, but leave a few clumps here and there for texture.
Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola. Sprinkle the almonds over the granola and return the baking sheet to the oven.
Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and flip granola again.
Bake 10 more minutes then remove from oven and let cool.
Place the mixture in a bowl for storage.

 My breakfast this morning:
Topped off with the lovely strawberries from the Farmer's Market :) Plus a good cup of coffee...
I think I might crawl back to bed now... and finish stuff for finals later.
"Easy (Like Sunday Morning)"-The Commodores

No comments:

Post a Comment